To prevent a costly auto repair bill when your vehicle door window just won’t work. Follow these steps to check the many parts involved in your power windows.
Begin by removing the unclean contacts at the master switch. You will find them at the driver’s console.
If the contacts are clean and the switch is operating properly, the next suspect is the motor and it must be in want of replacement. Whatever the brand, the steps for changing a window regulator are similar:
READ ALSO:HOW TO REMOVE A DOOR PANEL FROM A CAR
- Remove the panel of the door with the malfunctioning window.
- Take out the holding bolts of the regulator.
- Pull out the old regulator after disconnecting all the wiring. Change it with the new one you have bought from a parts supplier. Buy it online to avoid hidden costs when ordering through a dealer.
- Tighten the bolts holding the new regulator and fix the moisture barrier back into the slot. Push all wires back into their positions before reassembling the door panel.
- Switch the power window on and the new regulator will function as you expected.
It’s vital that you follow the car manual for all specific instructions.