What is servicing the battery/cables for?
In order for everything to work properly in your vehicle, the battery and its cables should be in optimal order. By its very nature, a battery can create corrosion, and cables can become loose or frayed, or touch other components of the under hood area. Checking that all is well with the battery and its attachments is a wise thing for trouble free motoring.
Keep in mind:
- Battery acid is highly corrosive, and caution is needed.
- There is potential for electric shock when operating on these components. Leave this work to an expert technicians.
How it is done:
- The radio codes and stations are inscribed or a memory saver is used
- The negative and positive cables are taken out from the battery
- The battery terminals, cable ends are cleaned and repaired
- The battery terminals are reconnected to the battery and the battery is tested
- The radio code is entered and the stations are reset as required
Have the battery and cables checked every time your vehicle has routine maintenance carried out.
What are the common symptoms indicating you need to service the battery/cables?
- Vehicle has trouble starting
- Visible deposits or corrosion on the battery
- Symptoms of wear on the battery cables
How Vital is this service?
Without a correctly charged battery and securely attached battery cables, your automobile won’t start