Care of your car radiator becomes imperative to keep your car in a good working condition since Te heat produced by your car engine is capable of destroying the engine hence the need to cool it using the radiator .
Below are useful tips for proper radiator care
- Ensure your temperature meter (at the dashboard) is still functional. This is so you can notice any rise in temperature above the normal level and the event of any such rise turn off your engine and have the car towed to a mechanic who would check for the fault.
- Ensure that your radiator fluid or coolant is at the recommended level and top up when low however if you have to top up your coolant four(4) or more times a year endeavor to visit your mechanic to ensure your radiator has no leakage.
- Periodically check that your radiator cores are not broken or rusted, hoses and clamp are not broken, the gasket at the core is intact and ensure to investigate any drip of fluid you discover beneath your car.
- For cars that has been used for more than five years, check with your mechanic to ensure the thermostat regulates the flow of the radiator fluid or coolant properly.
- Have a mechanic conduct a pressure test on your radiator to ensure it doesn’t leak when under pressure.
- Check that the engine fans are proper working condition.
- Ensure to flush your radiator fluid, flush your cooling system and refill your coolant.