HOW TO CHECK IF TRANSMISSION FLUID NEEDS A CHANGE
To check if your vehicle transmission fluid needs a change, simply follow the following steps:
- Turn on your engine and let it run a few moments (It is always best to check your oil when it has had time to warm up).
- Have the engine run warm and then proceed to the next step
- Clean the dipstick with a clean cloth or rag; then put it back in and take it out again.
- If the oil is clear but is at the low mark, pour in enough fluid to get it up to the appropriate level and don’t overfill!
- If the fluid seems very dark or smells burnt, it need to be replaced with a good clean oil.(good clean oil should be bright red/pink in color).