Top among the things to be given serious attention in a car is the brake system this Is because your safety on wheels depend greatly on it thus it becomes imperative to review some ways of maintaining your break
- Check that your braking isn’t making (Grinding) else make efforts to change your break pad to avoid destruction of your other break components.
- If you notice your brake pedal goes down without a corresponding decrease in speed please check to see that your brake fluid isn’t lost to bad or rusty brake line, blown brake fluid hose and or a bad brake caliper.
- When on speed endeavor to slow down your car with moderate pressure on the brake thus reducing the heat on your brake system.
- Periodically check and change your brake pad (every 6months recommended).
- When working on your car braking system, ensure that all lug nuts are decoupled properly
- When replacing your brake pad have your mechanic use an anti squeak on your brake pad this is to check for noise. Anti squeaks come in forms like paste or spray.
- Most importantly endeavor to use recommended tyre with the right traction and grip.
- SEE ALSO:WHAT IS A VACUUM BRAKE BOOSTER CHECK VALVE