Corrosion and dents are unavoidable, learn how to make your car looking it’s best all the time. Find below tips on how to prevent rust, and fixing dent and accident damage
- Rust: The most common issue with an automobiles body is rust. Rust can operate from the inside of the cars body and show up rather too late. Good news is that most modern cars have very good rust proof applied during manufacture.
- Accidents are bound to happen sometime, a fender bender or a major accident can really spoil your day, however if this happens, make sure you are referred to a reputable shop do the repair work and insist on original Cheap parts can put you and your family at risk.
- Paint: The sun’s ultra violet (UV) rays are enemies to the paints. Park in the shade whenever possible and always keep a good coat of wax on your car. The wax should have UV protection just like the sunscreen you use at the beach.
Preventive Maintenance practices
- Always wash the underside of your car during and after the winter season. This will wash off the salt used in melting the ice on the roads. people in the southern and most west coast sides don’t have this to worry about.
- Ensure all drain holes around the trunk and hood are clear. These holes allow water to exit the ledges around the trunk and hood and prevent rust. Also check your weather stripping around all openings for rips and tears. Water will sneak in where you never had expected it and eventually rust away your car.
- Waxing the car will keep your paint protected from the elements however what about the other side of the body? The inside is most often neglected on older cars. Rust proofing is an option but if the rust has already started just covering it will not stop it. The existing rust must be removed or chemically converted before rust coating is applied.
SEE ALSO:WHAT CAUSES EXCESSIVE CAR BODY ROLL